Discover the Benefits of Botox
Whether you're dealing with temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) pain or want to soften a few wrinkles, Botox injections offer an effective solution. Our Montgomery, OH, dentist, Dr. Janette Williams, explains how you can benefit from Botox treatments.
What is Botox?
Botox, a purified form of the botulinum toxin, temporarily prevents nerve impulses from reaching muscles. The FDA-approved treatment is often used for cosmetic reasons, but is equally effective at treating certain medical and dental conditions. Botox results generally last three to six months.
Who Can Benefit from Botox Injections?
Botox minimizes the fine lines and wrinkles that tend to develop as we age. It's particularly effective in reducing wrinkles caused by dynamic expressions, such as frowning, squinting or laughing. The injections prevent the muscles under the skin from moving, which results in a smoother, less-lined appearance. Botox injections may be a good idea if you're concerned about:
- Crow's Feet: Those crinkles at the corners of your eye can make you look older. Luckily, they can be easily minimized with Botox treated.
- Lines Between the Eyes: Whether you have one, two or even three vertical lines between your eyes, you'll be pleased with the difference in your appearance after Botox treatment.
- Forehead Wrinkles: Years of raising your eyebrows and making other facial expressions can cause horizontal furrows to form. Botox helps make those lines less noticeable.
- Lines Around the Mouth: Do you dislike the tiny vertical lines around your mouth? Botox can help smooth those lines and make them less prominent.
Botox treatments are also used to treat:
- TMJ: The injections help relax the muscles you use to chew, easing your pain.
- Headaches: Headaches and migraines may be more likely to occur if you grind or clench your teeth. When the muscles you use to grind or clench relax, you may experience fewer headaches. When you visit our Montgomery office, we may also recommend that you wear a custom-made night splint to prevent damage to your teeth.
Would you like to find out if Botox is a good option for you? Call Montgomery, OH, dentist, Dr. Williams, at (513) 793-5703 to schedule your appointment.