Invisalign - Adaptable To Your Lifestyle
At Countryside Dental in Cincinnati, OH, your dentist, Dr. Janette Williams, uses specialized computer software to create custom Invisalign aligners that will straighten your teeth comfortably and discreetly.
These transparent aligners are great for adults and teenagers who are looking for a hassle-free way of improving their smile.
To begin treatment, your Cincinnati, OH, dentist orders a series of custom aligner trays. Each pair of aligners in this set needs to be worn for two-to-three weeks before being exchanged for the next one in the series. On a daily basis, you'll need to wear the clear aligners 20 to 22 hours per day.
You can take these clear braces off when brushing and flossing your teeth or when cleaning the aligners themselves. You can also take the braces off during special events, like weddings, job interviews, or any other casual party, but that's unnecessary since no one can see them.
The clear plastic aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, which means they're flexible and great for straightening teeth discreetly. They also provide several other advantages:
- They don't hinder you from having a healthy oral regimen because Invisalign is a removable appliance.
- You can eat whatever you want while undergoing treatment.
- You'll clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you had traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign clear aligners are thin and flexible, so they don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth.
- The transparent braces are discreet and used to protect teeth from bruxism (i.e. teeth-grinding).
To take care of your Invisalign aligners, simply:
- Remove braces while eating
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth every night
- Use fluoride-containing products
If you are interested in knowing whether or not you're a candidate for clear aligner braces, please call your Cincinnati, OH, dental office today at (513) 793-5703!