Posts for tag: Tooth-Colored Fillings
Want to know more about tooth colored fillings from Montgomery Dental Care
Are you suffering from tooth decay? Have you considered tooth-colored fillings? Here in Cincinnati, OH, our dentist, Dr. Janette Williams of Montgomery Dental Care, can help you get the smile you want!
In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your Cincinnati dentist will:
- Clean your teeth to ensure they're clean and plaque-free for the procedure.
- Then she'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth.
- Dr. Williams will then apply composite resin that matches the color of your teeth.
- Finally, your dentist will harden the composite in place using a curing light to make sure your teeth are in the right shape.
There are many advantages to getting tooth-colored fillings—here are a few to consider if you're seriously thinking of getting the procedure done:
- Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, can be accomplished in one visit
- The procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your dental needs
- The composite used is made of plastic resin and finely ground glass-like particles, which won't allow your teeth to turn gray over time
- Your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you don't have to worry about applying too much pressure on them
Tooth-colored fillings don't require special care. They need to be maintained like your natural teeth, so be sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once before going to sleep at night. This will help keep your teeth healthy and help avoid the formation of new cavities!
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call our Cincinnati, OH, dentist at Montgomery Dental Care today to schedule an appointment! (513) 793-5703